- To be good and attentive hosts and hostesses to the feast determined to see that each guest feels welcome and have a sense of belonging.
- To help maintain the smooth flow of the Mass with as few distractions and inconveniences as possible.
- That the Hospitality ministers and all the other ministers will have a deeper understanding of the importance of the Liturgical celebration.
- That the sense of pleasure and privilege from being invited to serve as a minister of the Liturgy is reawakened.
- That those who volunteer will be truly and sincerely committed to the service.
What the ministry is about:
The Hospitality ministers set the tone for the celebration. They greet the Assembly as they arrive for Mass, making everyone feel welcome. During the liturgy, the ministers of Hospitality continue their ministry as hosts of the service by finding seats at appropriate times, gathering monetary gifts during collection, choosing the gift bearers at the Offertory, directing the flow of traffic during Communion, and making themselves available for fellowship after Mass.
An outgoing person, who likes people, is sensitive to the needs of others and possesses the ability to work with others as part of a team.
If you would like more information or interested in participating in this ministry, contact Ellen Te via email or by phone at 707-554-4591.