The primary role of Music Ministry is to support the community in prayer through music and to focus on getting the people to respond with one voice.
- To lead in prayer through music
- To represent, as well as, to inspire a community
- To help the people live through a moment of confrontation, with the presence of God
- To expose the people to Him in praise, in self-scrutiny and in hope.
What the ministry is about:
Music Ministry helps people to respond to God’s word, to acclaim the gospel, to sing of our salvation in Christ and gather our many voices into one. Music Ministers consist of members of the choir, cantor, piano/organ instrumental accompanists.
- Must be people of faith, people of prayer, maintaining an attitude of openness and spirituality.
- Must be able to work with a variety of liturgical song forms (acclamations, brief responses, litanies, responsorial songs, hymns and choir anthems).
- Must have a desire to sing and be able to learn to read and memorize various types of music – liturgical, sacred, secular, etc., and enjoy singing.
- Must have a good attitude and be able to work well with others and have good communication and cooperation with the choir and the Director of Music.
- Must be able to attend weekly rehearsals, church services and other activities and observe punctuality.